Monday, July 7, 2008

Pet Peeves

This is going to be another I intend to keep adding to. This will be a list of my "peeves" (a peeve is defined in the dictionary in my Sony Ericsson as n. a cause of annoyance); not important enough to write to my MP or the editor of a newspaper on but something which either sticks in my craw or worse, something I keep bringing up to my wife (and then getting her to think I am a real nag). I am hoping putting it down gets it out of my system.

Some are just "isn't it sad" sort of peeves and others are the "I really don't believe this" sort of peeves but I am not going to rank them.

The List.

Isn't it sad

Isn't it sad that they need to provide a trough underneath the post boxes at some (or is it all) HDB flats for flyers and junk mail because residents are too lazy to bring it to the bin just beside it and will just drop the litter. Isn't the trough a real eyesore and a poor reflection of the lack of social consciousness?

Isn't it sad that on the road at certain houses (and I mean houses; I will try to add in street names when I next see them), yellow boxes need be drawn? This can only mean that motorists have refused to let one car out often enough for the owner to get the LTA to draw the box in.

No comments: